Pages

Monday, February 6, 2017

don't let fear stand in the way of your success




I read awhile back, that human beings have only two emotions. One is love and the other is fear. Anytime we are faced with the great unknown, our fear kicks in and manifests itself in a lot of different ways.

We may lash out at someone or a group of someones

We may rely on a long ago ago hurt to be a millstone around our necks that keeps us from moving forward.

If you pause for a moment and close your eyes you can add your own "reasons"

Lemme ask you something?

How many times in your life have you had a conversation with yourself that went something like this:

Ya know, I wish I'd gone ahead  with  ***fill in the blank.*** 

I have.

What holds us back is fear. It's the fear of achieving those things we think about when we wake up in the middle of the night.

If I had a nickel............Better to be safe than to be sorry.

What I am learning is that fear along with failure is a natural part of a successful and fulfilled life.

I think about a quote the late Zig Ziglar shared once

If you want to know where you stand in life all you have to do is reflect on a plate of bacon and eggs. The chicken made a contribution but the pig made a commitment.

I ask myself which one am I?

Committing to something new is a scary proposition.

What if I fail? You will!

What if people doubt me? They will!

Do not let that stop you.

Don't let your fears stand in the way of your success




John Jurkiewicz is the CEO of New Career Creations a unique approach to happiness and success in our lives by gaining satisfaction and fulfillment in our careers. He has over forty years of experience in operation management, human resource management, training and development and has owned his own business for over 17 years. John is certified as a life coach, a career coach, and an intuitive career coach. He and his wife Joan have been married for 42 years.