Pages

Monday, January 23, 2017

who are the people in your neighborhood?





It can be overwhelming at times. There are so many ways to get your message out  to the people you want to connect with. It can  make your head spin.

Which one is best? Facebook? Twitter? Instagram? LinkedIn?

When I'm introduced to someone for the first time and I get the feeling we might be kindred spirits I create time to meet with them 1-2-1, face to face. It affords both of us the time to get to know each other better.

The first question I ask:


What can I do for you?

Most of us are wary of  being sold. You know: Glad to meet you John! Let me share with you how my product or service can help make your life better..... When we meet with someone for the first time our guard is up. We are investing time and we want to be assured our investment is safe and sound. The quickest way to end a 1-2-1 meeting with me is to throw me the old sales pitch. Ugh.

Look, I get it! You are in business to make money just like everyone else. If you're in sales..... Lemme rephrase that. We are all in sales and we all begin as skeptics.

I want to know about them!

Who is their ideal customer?

When I can match someone in my network with someone they might be able to help I'll ask:

I know someone who might be interested in what you do and your services. Can I give them your contact information? 

I can't recall anyone who has ever said no.

You may forget about a lotta things and a bunch of people but lemme ask you something? Do you ever forget about a person who reached out and helped you, especially if it leads to expanding your business reach and increasing your own network?

I did not think so.

Dr Ivan Misner, the founder of Business Network International said It's all about farming not hunting. 

Creating a relationship with someone and helping them to be successful is the greatest and best way of  generating trust and creating integrity I know.

John Jurkiewicz is the CEO of New Career Creations a unique approach to happiness and success in our lives by gaining satisfaction and fulfillment in our careers. He has over forty years of experience in operation management, human resource management, training and development and has owned his own business for over 17 years. John is certified as a life coach, a career coach, and an intuitive career coach. He and his wife Joan have been married for 42 years.