Pages

Friday, December 23, 2016

Writing Our Story




I saw a cartoon the other day with a picture of an attorney talking on the telephone. The caption read, “I’m sorry mam’ I never heard of anyone suing a mirror manufacturer.”

I’m not a huge fan of mirrors. They point out things I’d rather not see. They point out the here. I’m not always in the mood to deal with the here and now.

Let me create a vision of the future. It’s much less threatening and easier to manage.

Remain positive, listen to uplifting music create a collage of everything you always wanted and allow it to collect dust somewhere.
   
It’s not real.

We are so, so caught up in the latest and greatest feel good that we neglect to look in the mirror and love and appreciate the current version of ourselves.

It’s hard to look in the mirror and see the real value we offer this world. We’re too caught up in reading other peoples stories and wishing that we somehow had the wisdom to “be like them.”

The here and now cries out “Here I am, warts and all. I have something unique and special to offer you.” 

Some days the mirror is clear, some days dusty and some days I swear it’s cracked, but it’s MY mirror, created just for that amazing, yet often flawed version of me.

There is no before and after, there is only now and the now should be embraced, warts and all starting today.

What will you see?


John Jurkiewicz is the owner and operator of  New Career Creations a unique approach to happiness and success in our lives through gaining satisfaction and fulfillment in our careers. He has over forty years of experience in operation management, human resource management, training and development and has owned his own business for close to 17 years. John is certified as a life coach, a career coach, and an intuitive career coach.  He and his wife Joan have been married for over 42 years