Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Do You Use Your Own Product?


The late Zig Ziglar began his career selling pots and pans.

He liked to tell the story how his secret to success was purchasing a set for himself and then cooking a meal in the prospective buyer’s home. Once they tasted the meal, they were sold.  Throughout his life, he always looked back on that decision as the turning point in his career. 

When I facilitate a workshop on coaching it's one of the first things I cover:

Do you use a coach yourself?
About thirty percent of the audience raises their hands. The rest stare at the floor.

So, if you are not using a coach to help you reach your goals, how can you expect other people to value your service? 
It's a fair question. I use a business coach about every six months. It helps keep me on track with my business goals and most importantly it gives me real insight as to what my clients experience  when they are working with me.

I  don't know everything.
A few years ago I worked with a social media coach for six months. Why? I didn't really understand how to use social media effectively for my business. After meeting once a week for six months I felt confident enough in my own ability. When I began being invited to be a guest on podcasts and webinars I engaged a coach to help smooth out my rough edges.

If you are a champion of outsourcing you better well be outsourcing yourself.

In my past two postings I've shared with you the two most important things in selecting a good coach.

  • What are their qualifications? 
  • Do they use a coach themselves? 

Quality coaching services are an investment. Make sure your investment is going to reap a profitable return in your life, your career and your business. 

#newcareercreations 

John Jurkiewicz is the owner and operator of  New Career Creations a unique approach to happiness and success in our lives through gaining satisfaction and fulfillment in our careers. He has over forty years of experience in operation management, human resource management, training and development and has owned his own business for close to 17 years. John is certified as a life coach, a career coach, and an intuitive career coach.  He and his wife Joan have been married for over 42 years