Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

"And Sometime You Approach the Same Starting Point Every Day........


Ridin' high I got tears in my eyes. You know you got to go through hell, before you get to heaven. Steve Miller Band, Jet Airliner, 1977

I don't know about you but I have always been a bit skeptical about those smiling faces staring back at me who are twisting their bodies into pretzels, all the while telling me it's good for me. 

I can't see myself doing that.

I've tried a dozen times and I've flamed out quicker than a meteor plummeting towards the earth at a rapid speed. 

You know what failure does don't you?

Failure makes you question your own self worth and value. Every blemish, smear and stain from all the way back .......

What I never realized is those journeys, those people smiling back at me from my tablet or DVR, are in the midst of their journeys, not mine. They are so excited and happy that they want to share their energy, their joy and their enthusiasm.

The journey of self discovery, in our relationships, in our careers and in our lives are as unique as our DNA. 

And sometimes we approach the same starting point every day, over and over.

Sorta like the movie Ground Hog Day.

It can be maddening. The hard work we commit to, the effort, the long hours only to look in the mirror and discover we are still us.

And sometimes we approach the same starting point every day, over and over. 

“It doesn’t happen all at once,” said the Skin Horse. “You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.” The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams ,1922


I'll leave it for you to ponder on your own. 

Fight the good fight

Namaste

John Jurkiewicz is the owner and operator of  New Career Creations a unique approach to happiness and success in our lives through gaining satisfaction and fulfillment in our careers. He has over forty years of experience in operation management, human resource management, training and development and has owned his own business for close to 17 years. John is certified as a life coach, a career coach, and an intuitive career coach.  He and his wife Joan have been married for over 42 years