Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

"You Can Be a Tad Bit Hard Headed, John"


“A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.  Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.” Matthew 13:5, 7-9

Scary stuff.

One minute you're anticipating what you need to do when you get home and the next minute you are wondering why your gear shift cover is floating at eye level. It was just like in the movies or on TV.

Where the hell did that come from and why is there glass all over me? 

I didn't sleep well last night. The stiffness and soreness were easily dispatched with ibuprofen. I just kept laying there, wide awake.

I coulda been killed. 

But I wasn't. This could have had a much nastier ending.

The rental car people picked me up awhile ago and ferried me to get a loaner. Driving home I was tense, anxious and scared.

I don't wanna drive anymore. 

Somewhere in my head, a voice chirped Now you know how Maggie feels. 

Maggie is my daughter who has a severe phobia when it comes to driving. She's tried and tried but can't get past her fears. She takes busses and cabs but a lot of the time I drive her wherever she needs to go.

I've grown some, really I have. I went from resenting it to realizing that a lot of folks would love to have a daughter they could spend time with. Lottsa lonely people in this world. But I never understood why someone would have a fear of driving a car. It represents freedom and the excitement  of going wherever you wanted to go!!!

By the time I pulled into the driveway my hands were shaking.

I believe everything can be a learning experience, no matter how frightful, if we choose to open ourselves and face some things that we'd rather not face.

Joel Osteen says, It's removing our masks.

Now you know how Maggie feels.

I did. It finally registered that every time she sits behind the wheel her head spins a bit, she gets a tad bit nauseous and she'd rather be somewhere else.

Okay, Father, I get your message. Did it have to arrive in such a spectacular fashion? 

You can be a tad bit hard headed John. 



John Jurkiewicz is the owner and operator of  New Career Creations a unique approach to happiness and success in our lives through gaining satisfaction and fulfillment in our careers. He has over forty years of experience in operation management, human resource management, training and development and has owned his own business for close to 17 years. John is certified as a life coach, a career coach and an intuitive career coach.  He and his wife Joan have been married for over 42 years