Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

What If You Weren't There?



It usually come from out of the clear blue.

I get out of bed in the morning focused on what lies ahead. Blogs to be written, clients to talk to, networking events, joint ventures, social media marketing..........

Gotta fit a trip to the gym in there somehow, right?

Gotta look and feel your best.

Like I said; It usually comes out of nowhere, sorta like the pop-up thunderstorm that grabs your attention with its first clap of thunder.

It's can be an email, a private message, a quick blog comment thanking you for being an anchor, for sharing an insight, revealing your own pain and indecision or picking up your pom-pom's and being a cheerleader when it was most needed.

Someone touches my heart when they thank me for helping them through an ordeal or consider me part of a family they do not have because I am always ready with support and help and just being a good friend.

I sorta scratch my head.

"Why isn't this reflected in my algorithms?"

"Why doesn't my page view needle spike?"

"Will this affect my SEO?"

I have never attended a webinar or seminar that's talked about sharing part of myself with other people simply because I believe I have the responsibility to do so.

What if you weren't there?

Oh, I know, you mutter something about how someone else would step in and fill the void. Nope, sorry, you are wrong they wouldn't - They couldn't.

"Where you are is where you should be, right now." 

Someone shared that with me almost 20 years ago. When I poise my hand over the key board, look into the camera and smile to my adoring faithful I  remember...........

"They don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care."

What if you weren't there?

What if I weren't?

Scary thought, hey?

It gets me through the rough patches.

John Jurkiewicz is the owner and operator of  New Career Creations a unique approach to happiness and success in our lives through gaining satisfaction and fulfillment in our careers. He has over forty years of experience in operation management, human resource management, training and development and has owned his own business for close to 17 years. John is certified as life coach, a career coach and an intuitive career coach.