Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

It's Your Sandbox....




"I know what I want to be is somewhere deep inside of me. I just can't seem to find it"

In the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy and her friends went  on a long journey to discover what they were seeking had been inside of them all along.

We're no different.

The quote above came from a client of mine when I asked her what she hoped to gain from working with me.

She was successful but not fulfilled.

Does that make sense?

I could show you her measurable's and you'd be amazed. She consistently out performs other people in her field but something pulls and tugs at her - Like a pebble in her shoe.

She wasn't comfortable with herself and when she realized her discomfort was a significant limitation it's when she began looking to match her desires with her accomplishments.

What I can tell you is the moment of discovery, that "ah-ha moment" we all crave came to her one day and the focus appeared. It is only a beginning but, oh,what a sweet beginning.

She looked in the mirror and for the first time in a long time she smiled and saw herself staring back.


Don’t ask yourself what the world needs;
ask yourself what makes you come alive.
And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
Harold Whitman

#newcareercreations