Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Right Here and Right Now


Anger

Anxiety

Frustration

Hell of a way to begin your day, isn't it?

My first reaction was to fix it - You know, to find the source, make a few adjustments and breathe a sigh of relief.  All would be well.

The person guiding me through the meditation suggested that I become aware of what I was feeling at that precise moment. - Anger, Anxiety and Frustration. 

My shoulders loosened a bit. I let my guard down slightly and I let those three feelings settle in. My breathing slowed down.

My guide suggested I not only accept those feelings but welcome them.

My shoulders slowly tightened again. These are negative feelings. These are toxic feelings. The guru's tell us to flee, to run, to cloak ourselves in the mantle of positive thought.........

It's a crummy feeling. Your stomach feels like the inside of a washing machine when it's on the spin cycle. Ugh.

I followed the guide through the process and as those negative emotions took form. I saw a sliver of light somewhere in my consciousness.  

We cannot help you until you recognize us. Anger, Anxiety and Frustration. (I swear they each had a sweat shirt on identifying themselves!)

Dont get me wrong. I love the warm fuzzies. I enjoy feeling good about me, my, life and my career. But on those mornings when I scan my horizon and what I identify is Anger, Anxiety and Frustration, I am well served to pause and listen to them.

Ten pounds of sugar in a five pound sack has a funny way of exploding eventually.

The people we encounter on a day-to-day basis, the people who pass through our lives, are the recipients of those unidentified and unexplored emotions.

I've suggested that employers stop investing in leadership training, team building and like endeavors and invest a fraction of that resource in teaching people how to meditate and get in tune and in touch with what they are feeling, right here and right now.

Yeah, I know, even in 2016 the thought of sitting quietly and listening to yourself as you are, right now; is something that smacks of incense and Woodstock to many people.

Strength comes from finding the weak spots, determining their origin and strengthening them.

It begins with recognition of who you are and what you're feeling

Right Now

The photo in this blog is from Pixabay Free Images