Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Sounds of Silence



Nothing's been going where I wanted it to go these past couple of weeks!

Do you have any idea as to why? 

It's like every road I walk down hits a dead end. 

I scribbled something on a napkin and slide it across the table.

 Psalm 46:10

When you get a chance look it up. 

I took the napkin back and added in quotations "Been there, done that."

Just so you don't feel alone. 

Rick shot me one of those "What am I paying you for if I have to look this stuff up myself" looks.

It says "Be still and know that I am God."

And, how does that help me get to where I want to go? 

Lemme tell you a story...........

Years ago I met a gentleman of the Hari Krishna faith. I asked him for some wisdom. This is what he shared with me:

Where you are, is where you are supposed to be, right now!

Rick just stared at me

Suppose you got something before you were ready or equipped to use it to its full potential. I mean what if you knew from he moment you touched it that it was going to fail.?

I'd pass

Exactly! Sometimes we have to wait until the moments right. How do they say it "Until the planets are aligned ?"

You're telling me to be patient. 

I'm telling you that maybe, just maybe something better and more effective then what you're looking for may be right around the corner but as long as you and I are making so much noise we'll never hear or see it coming.




Be still, and know that I am God. 



The photo was taken by me in Seal Beach, California in February of 2006.



#soundsofsilence