Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

In Transition




I musta started this posting at least 10 times in the past 3 days. I'd type 5 lines or so and look at the page and shake my head. 

Who the hell wrote this?

Nothing seemed to resonate, so I'd delete and go on about my business. 

My daily appointment with God comes somewhere between 2 and 230 AM each morning. No matter how early or late I retire; no matter how many practices and remedies I employ - I still wake up every night at roughly the same time. 

I used to just lie there and get frustrated. Now, I figure if I'm awake I might as well be somewhat productive, ya know? 

I told God the problem I was having writing this weeks posting. In a surreptitious way I was probing to see if His fine hand was involved and I was in the middle of another one of those life lessons He is so fond of using. 

What do you want to say?

I told Him

Okay, so go back a year and look at where you were at and then look at where you are now. Did everything you'd planned on come to fruition?What changed  and what stayed the same? What do you know now that you didn't know then? 

I'll spare you the details. 

Here is what I learned: 

  • My life is constantly changing and evolving and presenting me with all sorts of opportunities. If I'm alert enough to take advantage of those opportunities I am going to grow and and be more happy and successful. 


  • Even when I do not take advantage of those opportunities there has always been a lesson to be learned and if I can somehow struggle through the disappointment, pain and frustration I'm better for having had the experience

  • Sometimes the best thing you can do is sit and be quiet. Curl up in the corner and peek out for a bit. So silent and so quiet that people will wonder where you've gone!

I have come to believe in transitions. I have come to believe that in a very fluid way our lives move from one scenario to another and often we don'y catch the subtleties until we are smack dab in the middle of a new experience.


This is my last posting of 2015. I am taking the remainder of the year to prepare for next year. I do not know what it's going to bring. I don't know where I'll go and what opportunities will reveal themselves along the way. 

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!


Do not misunderstand. My head is teeming with thoughts, ideas and new adventures, but like my cup of green tea I drink each morning, I prefer to simply savor it for the next few weeks and look forward to what's next.



You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.
Some windows are lighted. but mostly they're darked. 
But mostly they're darked. 
A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin! 
Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?
How much can you lose? How much can you win?



Quotes for this blog are from the Dr Seuss book Oh, the Places You'll Go.